Almost 3 weeks ago, my father called, and sure he picked a terribly wrong time – after I have been staying up and running for more than 30 hours without any sleep.

I am extra grumpy especially when I am deprived of sleep and I could be sleeping at the oddest hour you could ever imagine, and if you woke me up, the sky better be falling or there has to be a fire out there.

He called a few times at 8; failed to rush to my mobile in time. I moved my mobile to my bed beside me although I am expecting him to call again the next morning.

Mobile rang again at 10, and finally I am onto the sky is falling down channel; it has to be, for them to keep trying to reach me.

Sleeping?
Yes.
So early?
Yes.
Are you going to wake up later to study?
Yes.
Anyway, your mother asked me to remind you to set your alarm so you would not miss any exam.
Ok. *For real? #$%^& I am sleeping, I need to sleeeeep.*

Some background noises; mainly my mother is trying to get him to hang up.

Are you ready for the exams?
Guess so. *Of course I am not, that is why I need to sleep now*
You better not fail any paper okay? Bla bla bla bla....
Ok.
First paper on Monday, right? Have you studied for it?
Yes. *No, I have only finished 3 lectures on the bus and 21 more to go*

The conversation went on for a while more; none of those that helped in preparing for the examination or particular important. I lost my coolness, because the sky is not failing down and it went silent for a moment. The big guy was shocked, so did the little guy. I was angry and then stunned.

I am not that close to my parents, as much as I hate to admit it. None of those attached, buddy-buddy, chummy or intimate would fit in the picture. I do not talk about my parents unless I have to.

It is not they are less admirable or excellent compared to others, just that I do not share much of the happenings in my life with them, especially not the bad. When your love ones are miles away, the least you could do is not to make them worry.

The two days when people all around the world proclaim their love to their parents, I find it hard to even fill a sms with my words.

Sometimes, I do wonder how exactly we end up being so far to each other. I do not want to having to lose both of you to realize what I have missed out.
 
Google Analytics Alternative